Wedding Photography Sussex Venues – Beautiful, classic, unforgettable
The escarpment of the ancient South Downs, where the sparkling sea is never far from view. Our delightfully lush, green '1066 country' studded with quaint, sleepy villages. The historic, thickly-forested and fragrant Sussex Weald. Legendary Brighton, one of Britain's funkiest cities. The list goes on and on.
If you're planning to get married around our way there's a huge choice of wedding venues in Sussex to choose from. And as a wedding photographer, Sussex based, I've taken wedding photographs for happy couples at most of them.
Fantastic Sussex wedding venues for memorable occasions
Every venue has its own personality. Take Brighton's Royal Pavilion, an absolutely breathtaking fantasy of a building. And what about 12th century Amberley castle, a stunning venue with its ancient rhomboid enclosure, lovely sun-worn stone and gorgeous grounds?
There's Upwaltham Barns, a pair of lovingly restored, traditional flint long barns set like little jewels in the South Downs National Park near Goodwood. And family-run Yew Lodge is simply magnificent with splendid manicured 10 acre gardens and specially-built facilities for wedding celebrations.
As you'd expect there's also a variety of price points, with something to suit every budget. And because there are so many Sussex wedding venues to choose from, fierce competition means the quality and standards at every wedding venue in Sussex are remarkably high.
Sussex wedding photographer recommendations for wedding venues
Here's a list of just a few of the finest wedding venues in Sussex. I'm delighted to recommend all of these to my wedding photography clients.
- High Rocks – An amazing wedding venue on the border with Kent and Sussex with the most extraordinary natural backdrop
- Alexander House – A 5 star hotel wedding venue in Sussex
- Amberley castle – Exceptional cuisine, fine wines and faultless service.
- Christ's Hospital - set in 1200 acres of glorious Sussex countryside with its own train station.
Read a blog post about my experiences as a Christ's Hospital wedding photographer
- Wiston House – Dating back to the Norman Conquest, a truly magical backdrop for your special day.
- Broyle Place – A fabulous Grade II listed Elizabethan manor house far from the madding crowds with a fantastic custom-built marquee.
- Buxted Park – A magnificent Palladian country house set in particularly fine parkland.
Planning your wedding at Buxted Park, information and photographs on the blog
- Goodwood House – Meticulously restored, the very best of British, set right in the lush heart of the 12,000 acre Goodwood Estate.
- Upwaltham Barns – Billed as the prettiest barn wedding venue in the south of England, simply exuding warmth and friendliness.
- Bartholomew Barn – A stunning rustic barn near the pretty West Sussex villages of Wisborough Green and Kirdford.
- South Lodge - An amazing outdoor wedding pavilion, roaring log fires and 93 acres of luscious park-style gardens.
- Slaugham Place – A wonderfully romantic waterside marquee wedding venue in West Sussex.
- Ghyll Manor - An elegant 17th century country house hotel brimming with character and style, set in 40 acres of private gardens with their own lake and quaint summerhouse.
- Ashdown Park – A beautiful old building, exceptional service and a genuinely welcoming atmosphere.
- Hurstmonceaux Castle - A real fairytale wedding venue, a genuine castle with its own moat!
- Yew Lodge – A gloriously pretty country house with 10 acre gardens and superb in-house catering.
See photographs and read about how I record a wedding as a Yew Lodge wedding photographer
- Pelham House – Historic Lewes is yours if you pick Pelham House, an award-winning and hugely popular four star hotel and East Sussex wedding venue.
- Selden Barn – Family owned and run, Selden is an idyllic rural West Sussex wedding location
Read a blog post about my experiences as a Selden Barn wedding photographer
Romantic at heart – Your local wedding photographer in Sussex
I admit it. As an experienced professional wedding photographer I'm a true romantic at heart. And I've worked at most of the best Sussex wedding venues. They're all wonderful – we're so fortunate to have such a remarkable choice, all in one small county.
Wherever you choose to celebrate the most romantic day of your life, I'll make certain your experiences are captured forever, beautifully and creatively, for you and your loved ones to enjoy far into the sunny, love-filled future.
Barry Page Photography
9 Stanford Terrace
Station Approach West
Phone: 01273 846822